Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Together Forever

Hey guys! Yumi here~

My grandpa and grandma have been with each other since the age of 17. Many that knew them said their love was one of the greatest love stories ever told. 

My grandpa passed away 5 years ago, and since then, my grandma had been coping with her grief by writing letters to him. Each letter ends with a 'good night my love,' and in one, had written that she couldn't wait for the day they will be reunited.


Yesterday, we had the viewing at the funeral home, and today was the funeral service at the church/ burial.


There's me fooling around a little before leaving for the viewing (*゜v゜)


My mum took all the pictures - the rest of us were busy with stuffing tissues in our eye and noses


There's my brother, baby sister, and grandma.

I was really conflicted with whether or not I should post about the viewing and funeral service. I finally decided that I want people to know this amazing wife, mother, grandmother, and servant of God. There must have been more than a hundred people at her service. She had left her mark in many people's lives, and I want to share with people the celebration of this beautiful life.


After the viewing yesterday, we went over to eat at Cousin's BBQ - about a 20 minute drive from the funeral home.

On the way, we drove through many, MANY fields. Texas is extremely spread out compared to California. It's like BUILDING, then like..... fields... for a mile or so - then it's like BUILDING AGAIN! Very different from California. It's beautiful! Both places are beautiful in their own way♡


So here's the place we visited. LOVED the decor! 


There was a whole bunch of these kinds of signs around~



Yum!! 



The food was GOOOD! 

The next day, we woke up around 6 in the morning to get ready to leave for the church at 8:30. 

We ended up having like an extra hour on our hands OTL and we could have totally used that hour to get some extra sleep in. 
Anyways, I ended up not taking pictures at the church ~ we were all too preoccupied. However, when we got back, some of the church members had prepared some food - so I took pictures of that 
(> ∇ <);;




It was a looong day, and I got so sleepy around 4:oo 

But even though I had rest, I'm still very sleepy right now! It's been an exhausting two days. 


Now I chall leave you guys with a picture of me and my baby sister. Probably the only picture you guys will see of me from today (*゜v゜) after the church service, all the crying made everyone look terrible (> ∇ <);;

Maw Maw, even though we'll miss you here, I'm happy that you can finally reunite with Paw Paw.

♡Yumi



No comments: